Sunday, December 28, 2008

Calm after the holiday

With the hustle and bustle of Christmas over for 2008, we are settling back into our daily lives. I officially took the tree down Friday night and packed it away for next year. I don't think I have ever taken a tree down so quickly after Christmas. I enjoyed it while it was up, but it was taking over Madison's play area in the living room. The once oblivious attitude toward the tree had changed and she had begun to pull ornaments off. I was afraid that with the hooks we were heading for disaster. This weekend at church was Victory Weekend. It is the last weekend of the year that everyone who was baptized into Christ or transferred their membership to Southeast is recognized (not individually of course!) Praise GOD we had 1,700 people to join Christ and the church this year. I am humbled to say that I was one of them. During the "ceremony" everyone at the service who had been baptized or transferred walked down the center aisle and sat on stage while Dave preached. I was sitting next to my mother-in-law who was also baptized this year. Her sister was too, however she sat in the sanctuary with her husband who is having knee trouble. John (aka my hubby) was also sitting in the sanctuary with his Aunt & Uncle. Not because he had already been baptized, not because he is a member... because he has not yet made that decision to be baptized into Christ. We went forward during the invitation back in March of this year. That was step 1. Step 2 was the baptism. I made my step in September. John is still working on his. I pray that for him each night before bed that he may find peace in his decision to follow Christ. It's not an easy decision to step out of what we want and follow in the path of Jesus. While I have no pictures of this event, you can visit our church website and listen & watch the sermon from this weekend. www.southeastchristian.org.

0 comments: