Friday, February 20, 2009

Just Us

I can thankfully say that I have nothing to report. As you have previously read, I think we are caught up on stuff happening for a little while. Ian has his Blue & Gold Banquet tonight for Scouts. He will be crossing over to a Boy Scout. He is supposed to have baseball try-outs tomorrow, but if we get this snow I don't see that taking place. John is off this weekend so we will get to spend some time together as a family. His work schedule doesn't give him many weekends off so we enjoy the ones we get.


I will post pictures from the banquet (eventually). I haven't had Internet access at home since the ice storm. Well, I had it for a few days and then no more. So I can't publish pictures with my stories until we get it back. So some of these post will be edited and pictures added.

We were supposed to be attending the annual Cystic Fibrosis Celebrity Dinner tonight. Ian's Blue/Gold Banquet is on the same night year to year so we try and alternate. This was supposed to be our CF year. However, due to lack of funds to purchase the tickets since my job loss in January, we are not going to be able to go. There is always next year! The next big fundraiser for our area is the Great Strides Walk in May. Once I figure out this blogger thing, I will publish the link to our team and all who want can sign up to be on our team and raise money. It will be held at Waterfront Park. Perfect for walking with a stroller and little ones! It is awesome because it is not a race. You walk completely at your own pace and the money raised benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Knock on wood... John has made it through this part of winter without any major illness or complications from his CF. He was down and out back in November, but that was it. So stay tuned and I'll update some of these bare post and add the links as promised!

0 comments: